Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah cities grapple with tainted well water

Environment » Woods Cross, North Salt Lake grapple with PCE in water wells.

< Previous Page

City leaders are now thinking about putting the question on the November ballot.


At a glance

What is PCE?

P Tetrachloroethylene, often called PCE or PERC, is a solvent commonly used by dry cleaners, military installations and auto shops. It is colorless and evaporates easily. People exposed over long periods of time are thought to be at higher risk of cancer and of liver and kidney problems. You can be exposed by breathing it, drinking it or absorbing it through the skin.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Twitter: @judyfutah

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.