Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Residents sue Saratoga Springs over alleged illegal meeting

Questions have surfaced over whether two council members inappropriately discussed public business when leaving a meeting.

< Previous Page

"No one is against development," said resident Jimmy Kawato, who added they just want to keep the uncrowded lots that were originally zoned for the area.

The city plans to move forward with the development even if the rezoning is repealed. Initially, the city thought it needed to rezone the area, but later realized because of a Saratoga Springs Master Development Agreement in 2000 that included the PUD on the low-density property still allowed them to accomplish what they want.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment


Twitter: @CimCity

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.