Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Want to dispose of your Christmas tree?
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Don't throw that Christmas tree out yet — particularly if you live in Salt Lake City.

Trees will be picked up curbside from Jan. 7 through Jan. 18 in Salt Lake City.

For residents who don't want to wait until Jan. 7, Salt Lake City officials encourage cutting up trees and placing them in the tan green-waste containers.

In unincorporated Salt Lake County, Christmas trees will be picked up curbside Jan. 4-31, according to the county's website.

Christmas tree recycling for Park City residents will begin Dec. 26, according to public works officials. Signs near Kearns Boulevard, across from Wyatt Earp Way, will direct residents to the Christmas tree drop-off area. Tree recycling ends Jan. 26.

Davis County residents can take their Christmas trees to the county landfill, 1997 E. 3500 North, Layton. The landfill, whose operating hours are 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, will take them at no charge.

In Utah County, residents can take Christmas trees to the landfill, 2000 West and 200 South, Lindon. The charge is $4 per pickup load (one tree is $4). Operating hours at the landfill are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

In Orem, residents can drop off Christmas trees at most of the city parks from through Jan. 19. For exact locations, visit http://www.orem.org.

Curbside • Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County schedule pickup.
Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.