Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Christmas tree sparks duplex fire in Wendover
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Two families were displaced Sunday morning after a Christmas tree sparked a duplex fire in Wendover.

Tooele County deputies said the blaze started about 7:35 a.m. at 239 Moreah Ave., and when they arrived they found one side fully engulfed in flames. The fire spread to the neighboring unit.

The fire destroyed one unit and damaged about 80 percent of the second. Authorities did not immediately have a dollar estimate of damage.

Deputies said one of the residents said the blaze started when their Christmas tree caught fire.

The Red Cross was assisting both families.

jstecklein@sltrib.com

Twitter @sltribjanelle

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Login to the Electronic Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.