Quantcast

Christmas tree sparks duplex fire in Wendover

Published December 23, 2012 1:37 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Two families were displaced Sunday morning after a Christmas tree sparked a duplex fire in Wendover.

Tooele County deputies said the blaze started about 7:35 a.m. at 239 Moreah Ave., and when they arrived they found one side fully engulfed in flames. The fire spread to the neighboring unit.

The fire destroyed one unit and damaged about 80 percent of the second. Authorities did not immediately have a dollar estimate of damage.

Deputies said one of the residents said the blaze started when their Christmas tree caught fire.

The Red Cross was assisting both families.

jstecklein@sltrib.com

Twitter @sltribjanelle

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus