Quantcast

House fire displaces four in Spanish Fork

Published December 21, 2012 9:50 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A fire caused by a space heater in an attached garage did extensive damage to a home shared by four adults in Spanish Fork.

Spanish Fork City Fire Marshal Joe Jarvis said the fire started about 5 p.m. Friday and spread from the garage into the attic of the home located near 1500 South and 3030 East.

The garage was destroyed and the home's attic also was burned. Extensive smoke damage throughout the rest of the house made it uninhabitable for the four occupants, three men and one woman in their 20s.

Jarvis estimated the fire caused at least $60,000 in damage. The Red Cross of Utah was called to the scene to assist the displaced occupants with shelter and other immediate needs.

kbennion@sltrib.com

Twitter: @KimballBennion

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus