Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
West Valley City appoints new Justice Court judge
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

West Valley City • The City Council on Tuesday approved the appointment of Clintepious "Clint" Gilmore as Justice Court judge.

Gilmore, West Valley City assistant chief prosecuting attorney, replaces Judge Keith Stoney, who is retiring Dec. 31. Gilmore has worked for the West Valley City Prosecutor's Office since 2005. He was promoted to senior prosecuting attorney in 2010, and to his current position last year.

"I'm excited about this new opportunity," Gilmore said.

City Manager Wayne Pyle had appointed Gilmore to the bench, subject to council approval. Stoney announced his retirement in September amid a flurry of complaints, including one that he apparently had ordered an excessive $10,000 cash-only warrant against a woman cited for a traffic violation, possibly as retribution for her rudeness to court clerks.

Gilmore has prosecuted cases as a special deputy district attorney for the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office and as a special assistant U.S. attorney for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Utah. He was honored with the Director's Award for Superior Performance from the Executive Office of the United States Attorneys in Washington, D.C., in 2007.

Gilmore earned a law degree from the University of Utah in 2003 and an undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University in 2000.

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.