Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Helper teen couple sighted, but elude police
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Two Carbon County teens missing since Nov. 29 have been sighted alive and well, but continue to elude law enforcement officers trying to contact and bring them back to their Helper families.

Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson confirmed that there had been "a credible sighting" of Mattea Jeffs, 17, and her 16-year-old boyfriend, Jesse Turner, in Utah County on Tuesday.

"But we've had nothing since," Anderson said Thursday, noting that he and his department have contacted all the relatives and friends of the two they have found. Also, police have been monitoring the teens' credit cards, but so far there has been no activity on them.

"We're doing all we can to find them," Anderson said, acknowledging both fear and frustration as the teens remained at large.

Jeffs is described as a white female with bright red hair and green eyes. She is 5-foot-9 and weighs about 150 pounds. She was last seen wearing a plaid jacket with tan strips, jeans and D.C. shoes.

Turner is described as a white male with brown hair and eyes. He is 5-foot-8 and weighs about 120 pounds. He was last seen wearing a grey Carbon Football sweater and blue jeans.

Anyone with information about their whereabouts is asked to call the Helper City Police Department at 435-472-3719 or 435-637-0890. People can also e-mail the department at policetips@helpercity.net


Utah County • 'Credible sighting' of boy, girl confirmed.
Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.