Christmas tree cutting permits go on sale
Some national forests in Utah have started selling permits for cutting Christmas trees; others won't start selling them until Nov. 16.
Permits typically cost $10 for a tree up to 10 feet tall and $20 for a tree up to 20 feet tall.
More information is available from the various forest offices directly:
• Ashley National Forest, 435-789-1181 or online at fs.usda.gov/ashley
• Dixie National Forest, 435-865-3700 or online at fs.usda.gov/dixie
• Fishlake National Forest, 435-896-9233 or online at fs.usda.gov/fishlake
• Manti-La Sal National Forest, 435-637-2817 or online at fs.usda.gov/mantilasal
• Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, 801-999-2103 or online at fs.usda.gov/uwcnf
For information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas contact the BLM State Office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300.
For information pertaining to tree cutting on Utah State Lands call 801-538-7302.
See more about comments here.