Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Civics Central: Proposed charter school in WVC, LDS Church land sale in Draper
First Published Oct 23 2012 12:35 pm • Last Updated Oct 23 2012 02:34 pm

Here’s your weekly roundup of what local city councils, school boards and other government entities are tackling during regularly scheduled meetings. All meetings are open to the public, and citizens are welcome to voice their opinions during designated times. If you do wish to speak at a particular meeting, you may need to sign up in advance.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Bountiful City Council » Will consider amending the city code on city manager residency; Tuesday, Oct. 23, 7 p.m., 790 S. 100 East, Bountiful. View the Bountiful agenda.

Clearfield City Council » Will take public comment on a final subdivision plat for Lifetime at Freeport; Tuesday, Oct. 23, 7 p.m., 55 S. State St., Clearfield. View the Clearfield agenda.

Clinton City Council » Has canceled its Tuesday, Oct. 23, meeting.

Cottonwood Heights City Council • Proclaiming Alternative Fuel Vehicle Awareness Month, also will consider adding new deputy city manager position; Tuesday, Oct. 23, 7 p.m.. City Offices, Suite 300, 1265 E. Fort Union Blvd., Cottonwood Heights. View the Cottonwood Heights agenda.

story continues below
story continues below

Davis County Commission • Will consider a request for approval of social services block grant funds to nonprofit service providers; Tuesday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m., 61 S. Main St., Farmington.

Holladay City Council • Will hold a 5:30 p.m. "tabletop exercise" to discuss elected official roles during an emergency, followed by a 7:30 p.m. work session discussing the City Hall Park common area, signs in the residential office zone and more; Thursday, Oct. 25, Emergency Operations Center (5:30) and Mt. Olympus room (7:30), City Hall, 4580 S. 2300 East, Holladay. View the Holladay agendas.

Midvale Planning Commission • Will consider preliminary subdivision plat in the transit-oriented development zone, will also discuss sign amendment in Bingham Junction; Tuesday, Oct. 24, 7 p.m., City Hall, 655 W. Center St., Midvale. View the Midvale agenda.

Ogden City Council • Will consider amending zoning in strip mall at 32nd Street and Harrison Boulevard to allow live bands, entertainment and dancing, but no alcohol; Tuesday, Oct. 23, 6 p.m., Municipal Building, 3rd floor council chambers, 2549 Washington Blvd., Ogden. View the Ogden agenda.

Salt Lake County Council • Will hear a presentation on the county’s flood control needs at its 1 p.m. workshop in Room 2003 of the North Building, County Government Center, 2001 S. State. The council’s official meeting is at 4 p.m. in the first floor council chambers. A committee studying the convention business in Salt Lake County will meet in Room 2003 at 10 a.m.

Next Page >

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.