Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
(Steve Griffin | Tribune file photo) A mule deer grazes in a field near Park CIty in July 2012.
Hunters encouraged to donate deer meat for area food banks
First Published Oct 18 2012 03:26 pm • Last Updated Feb 07 2013 11:31 pm

With the general season rifle hunt beginning Saturday, hunters are being encouraged to donate deer meat to Utah’s hungry.

The Utah Chapter of Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry said food banks need high-protein meat for families receiving assistance.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Hunters can donate deer to one of two meat processors:

Clay Meier Game Processing » 12835 S. Minutemen Drive in Draper.

Arnold’s Game Processing » 250 W. 31st St. in Ogden.

Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry (FHFH)will pick up the processing fees although donations are always welcome, especially this time of year.

For more information on FHFH and the Utah Chapter contact program coordinator Kelly Bingham at 801-726-2598 or via email at kmbingham92@msn.com.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.