A two-alarm fire Friday burned up the garage of a Millcreek home.
The Unified Fire Authority responded to the fire about 5:45 p.m. to find the garage of a house on Winderbrook Way (4365 South) fully engulfed in flames, said Capt. Cliff Burningham. Firefighters quickly knocked down the blaze and kept the fire contained to the garage.
The interior of the two-car garage and the property inside, including one car, was scorched. Other parts of the home were also damaged by smoke, Burningham said.
Burningham estimated the flames did about $50,000 in damage.
No one, including the family and their two dogs who live at the home, was injured.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, though one resident said that her husband had been charging the car with a battery when the battery exploded.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.