Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Civics Central: Bonds, highway work, landslide prevention and more
First Published Oct 02 2012 07:39 am • Last Updated Oct 02 2012 07:39 am

Here’s your weekly roundup of what local city councils, school boards and other government entities are tackling during regularly scheduled meetings. All meetings are open to the public, and citizens are welcome to voice their opinions during designated times. If you do wish to speak at a particular meeting, you may need to sign up in advance.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Centerville City Council • Will hear a report from the Utah Department of Transportation on the final design of the Main and Parrish intersection project; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 7 p.m., 250 N. Main St., Centerville. View the Centerville agenda.

Cottonwood Heights City Council • Will hold a work session to hear update on the Big Cottonwood Marathon held Sept. 22; and more; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 6 p.m., City Offices, Suite 250, 1265 E. Fort Union Blvd., Cottonwood Heights. View the Cottonwood Heights agenda.

Davis County Commission • Will consider a resolution appointing representatives and alternates to the Tax Entity Committee for urban renewal and economic development project areas; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m., 28 E. State St., Farmington. View the Davis County agenda.

Draper City Council • The city will discuss a real estate purchase contract with Zions Bank to buy the property in the Suncrest Development during its business meeting on Tuesday Oct 2 at 7 p.m. The public hearing session for the topic, the seventh item of business on the agenda, starts at 8 p.m.

The meeting will take place at Draper City Council Chambers at 1020 East Pioneer Road.

story continues below
story continues below

Eagle Mountain City Council • Will consider at a work session the adoption of a resolution allowing the mayor to petition for the city to be part of the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area District for fire and medical services; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 4 p.m., Eagle Mountain City Council Chambers, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.

Farmington City Council • Will consider amending the zoning Ordinance and the scenic by-way overlay zone regarding electronic message signs; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 7 p.m., 160 S. Main, Farmington. View the Farmington agenda.

Fruit Heights City Council • Will consider awarding a bid for the Main Street sidewalk project; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 7 p.m., 910 S. Mountain Road, Fruit Heights. View the Fruit Heights agenda.

Holladay Planning Commission

• Will receive public comment concerning a home-occupation business for income tax preparation, will also discuss converting homes to residential office space; Tuesday, Oct. 2, 7 p.m., Municipal Center, 4580 S. 2300 East, Holladay. View the Holladay agenda.

Next Page >

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.