First Published Sep 19 2012 06:35 pm • Last Updated Sep 24 2012 02:18 pm
The Sanpete County Sheriff’s Office reported Wednesday that a firefighter working at the scene of a forest fire at Fairview Canyon was flown by helicopter to the hospital after a bee sting sent the crew member into anaphylactic shock.
According to the office’s Twitter account, the crew member had to be reached by helicopter in the rugged terrain, where the fire has been burning for the past three days. The crew member suffered an allergic reaction to the sting, but the condition improved by the time the Life Flight helicopter reached the hospital.
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account. See more about comments here.