Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Fight erupts over ownership of land above Brighton
Courts » Mining company’s lawsuit challenging Salt Lake City’s title to parcels around reservoirs could affect water rights, access to trails.

< Previous Page


At a glance

Ownership fight

Great Western Mining Co. technically filed a “quiet title action” to four parcels of land above Brighton Resort in Big Cottonwood Canyon, seeking to establish ownership to property and to “quiet” challenges to that claim.

Salt Lake City contends the company’s lawsuit is slandering its century-old ownership of the land and has threatened to file a quiet title counterclaim and to seek attorneys’ fees.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Twitter: @sltribmikeg

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.