Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Civics Central: Underground shooting range in Woods Cross

First Published Sep 11 2012 07:33 am • Last Updated Sep 11 2012 09:21 am


Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Here’s your weekly roundup of what local city councils, school boards and other government entities are tackling during regularly scheduled meetings. All meetings are open to the public, and citizens are welcome to voice their opinions during designated times. If you do wish to speak at a particular meeting, you may need to sign up in advance.

Clearfield City Council » Will consider a memorandum of understanding to use grant funding earmarked for recruiting and retaining quality teachers to purchase Aquatic Center passes for all teachers at North Davis Junior High School, 7 p.m. Tuesday 3rd floor Council chambers, 55 S. State St., Clearfield. View the Clearfield agenda.

Davis County Commission » Will consider several agreements, including one for bee inspection, 10 a.m. Tuesday, Memorial Courthouse Building, 28 E. State St., Farmington. View the Davis County agenda.

Holladay City Council » Will consider appeal of the Planning Commission’s denial of Highland Hawk Investments conceptual plan for Orchard Hollow subdivision, 6 p.m. Thursday at 4580 S. 2300 East, Holladay. View the Holladay agenda.

story continues below
story continues below

Midvale City Council » Will consider adopting municipal financial policies and establishing a street-lighting enterprise fund, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 655 W. Center St., Midvale. View the Midvale agenda.

Midvale Planning Commission » Will hold a public hearing on the Castlewood residential project in Bingham Junction, 7 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 655 W. Center St., Midvale. View the Midvale planning commission agenda.

Ogden City Council » Will hold public hearings and possibly take action on Midland Drive and Giles Subdivision annexations. A work session follows that includes a presentation on streetcar and bus-rapid-transit options to connect downtown to Weber State University and McKay Dee Hospital, 6 p.m. Tuesday in 3rd floor chambers of the Municipal Building, 2549 Washington Blvd. View the Ogden agenda.

Salt Lake City Council » Will be briefed on Mayor Ralph Becker’s Capital Improvements Program for fiscal year 2012-13, involving construction, purchase or renovations of buildings, parks and streets, 4 p.m. Tuesday, 451 S. State, room 321.

Salt Lake County Council » Will consider a request to participate with West Valley on the establishment of an economic development authority to promote industrial operations along 2100 South during its work session that begins at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in Room 2003 of the North Building of the County Government Center, 2001 S. State. The council’s formal meeting is at 4 p.m. in the first floor council chambers of the same building.

Next Page >

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.