Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Police coax man out of barricaded South Jordan apartment
Standoff » Man is admitted to mental health center.
First Published Aug 14 2012 05:18 pm • Last Updated Aug 14 2012 10:58 pm

Police are trying to get through to a 33-year-old man barricaded in his South Jordan apartment bedroom.

Knowing their son was dealing with family issues, the man’s parents checked in on him at his apartment on the 400 West block of Cadbury Drive (11005 South). But when he locked himself in his room and would not talk to them, they called police about 10:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Officers evacuated the adjacent apartments, though they do not believe there are any weapons in the home, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.

Police have been talking to the man from outside the open front door, but with no success so far, Hansen said.


Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.