Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Summit County boy critical, stable after ATV crash
First Published Aug 01 2012 08:18 am • Last Updated Aug 01 2012 05:05 pm

An 11-year-old Summit County boy was in critical condition Wednesday, the day after he lost control of the ATV he was driving and rolled off a rural road.

Summit County sheriff’s Sgt. Ron Bridge said the accident occurred shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday on private property along 3300 East Chalk Creek Road, about 14 miles east of Coalville.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The victim was wearing a helmet at the time but it apparently came off during the crash, during which he was thrown from the vehicle. A second 11-year-old boy, a passenger on the ATV, was not hurt, Bridge said.

The victim, whose identity was not being released, was flown to a Salt Lake City-area hospital. On Wednesday, his vital signs reportedly had been stabilized.


Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.