Firefighters douse grass fire in Salt Lake City

Published July 30, 2012 7:40 am

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Salt Lake City firefighters doused a grass fire sparked by a blown power transformer Monday morning, dispatchers said.

It started shortly after 7 a.m. Monday near 932 E. Chandler Drive (450 North). Crews were focused on protecting nearby homes from the approximately quarter-acre blaze, and it was out before 8 a.m.

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus