Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Grants available for Utah records preservation
First Published Jul 13 2012 09:26 am • Last Updated Jul 13 2012 09:26 am

Nonprofit cultural heritage organizations and local governments in Utah are eligible to apply for grant funding for historical records preservation projects, the Utah State Archives said in a news release.

The funding, available through the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, can be used to help repositories statewide preserve at-risk, historic records and to provide access to important collections, the release said.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Eligible projects include buying archival supplies to house historical records, processing or organizing historical records, buying disaster recovery supplies or performing a records inventory.

Digitization projects are not eligible for the grant funds, according to the release.

The funding is intended for short-term projects and the maximum award is $750. All grants require an in-kind or cash-donation match.

Those interested may apply through the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board by the Aug. 31 application deadline.

The grant guidelines and application are available at http://archives.utah.gov/USHRAB/forms-menu.html. Contact Janell Tuttle at jtuttle@utah.gov for more information.

story continues below
story continues below

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.