Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah grocery stores pull fireworks from shelves in select cities
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Recent fireworks restrictions and bans have persuaded two grocery chains to pull all fireworks from its shelves in select cities.

Associated Food Stores in Park City and Jeremy Ranch have pulled all fireworks from shelves in light of bans from city governments. In Holladay, aerial fireworks were pulled in conjunction with that city's ban.

"We will continue to monitor decisions made by individual cities as we move forward, doing our best to comply with regulations they are putting into effect," an Associated Foods news release said.

Kris Romeril, spokesman for Associated Foods, said the fireworks were pulled because residents of those cities aren't allowed to set them off.

Smith's Food & Drug Stores have pulled fireworks for similar reasons in Herriman and Kimball Junction. The chain is considering doing the same at its Park City store.

Smith's spokeswoman Marsha Gilford said they will continue to evaluate the issue on a store-by-store basis. Smith's does not sell aerial fireworks at any of its 47 Utah locations.

Fireworks will still be sold from tents in the parking lots of both grocery chains.

To view a complete list of more than 90 cities, regions or counties with restrictions on fireworks, visit http://publicsafety.utah.gov/firemarshal/RestrictedFireworksAreas.html

Fireworks • Stores in Utah cities/counties with restrictions won't stock fireworks.
Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.