Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Fires contained in Herriman, Sanpete County; evacuations in Kane County

< Previous Page

• The Wolf Den Fire is burning in Uintah County near the community of Big Park and the Colorado line. It has burned about 16,000 acres and is 5 percent contained.

• The Seeley Fire has burned about 22,000 acres on the Manti La Sal National Forest in Emery County. It is 10 percent contained. Seasonal homes in and around the town of Scofield remain evacuated but full-time residents have been allowed to return.

Latest tweets from Nate Carlisle (newest at the top)

At a glance


The Shingle Fire in southern Utah is now at 3,000 acres and is reportedly approaching within two miles of State Road 14, which is closed from Mammoth Jct. to U.S. Highway 89.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment


Twitter: @natecarlisle

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.