Quantcast

Fireworks, boys playing with lighter spark two Ogden fires

Published June 26, 2012 10:10 am

Dignissim • Feugiat ut ullamcorper sed diam wisi euismod.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Lighters and fireworks were to blame for two grass fires that burned 3 acres in Ogden this week.

The first fire was sparked just after 3 p.m. Monday near 2450 James Brown Drive, which is located at Fort Buenaventura. Ogden fire officials said the blaze was started by two boys playing with a lighter. The fire was contained to a half acre, officials said. One firefighter suffered a broken arm from a fall while fighting the fire. Officials say this was the third fire in that area this year.

A second fire near Sullivan Road and Jackson Avenue was reported Monday at 7:40 p.m. The fire burned about 2½ acres. Two homes had minor damage. Four homes were threatened in the blaze, which was sparked by fireworks at a home near the 900 block of Patterson Street.

Twenty firefighters from Ogden, South Ogden and State Lands and Forestry were able to contain the fire within about 30 minutes, officials said. No injuries were reported in that fire.

jmiller@sltrib.com

Twitter: @jm_miller

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus