A Ford Bronco caught fire in a garage and did $25,000 damage in Layton, according to firefighters there.
The fire ignited about 9 p.m. near 100 W. 1400 North. Layton firefighters said a husband and wife returned home from getting ice cream and later smelled smoke. They say flames coming from the engine compartment of the 1995 Bronco.
The homeowner tried dousing the fire with water from a garden hose, but the fire spread too rapidly. Firefighters arrived and extinguished the blaze. The fire department said investigators suspect a cruise control module attached to a brake may be responsible for the fire.
Besides damaging the Bronco and the garage, the blaze caused heat damage to one side of a Ford F-150 also parked in the garage. Firefighters estimated the damage at $25,000.