Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Ogden man ordered to 25 years in prison for producing child porn


| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Mar 29 2012 05:09 pm • Last Updated Mar 29 2012 11:19 pm

A 50-year-old Ogden man was ordered to serve 25 years in federal prison Thursday for producing pornography involving a 9-year-old.

Thomas Andrew Carr pleaded guilty to one count of production of child pornography in October.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

He admitted to coercing a 9-year-old to "engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing a visual depiction of the conduct," in June 2010, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

U.S. District Court Judge Dee Benson, who sentenced Carr, is requiring him to remain on supervised release for the remainder of his life once released from prison.

Carr was indicted in April 2011 following an investigation by the FBI. Agents from Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and Connecticut participated in the investigation.


Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.