Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Civics Central: Feral cats in Holladay, school bus ads in Jordan
First Published Feb 14 2012 08:10 am • Last Updated Feb 11 2013 05:51 pm

Here’s your weekly roundup of what local city councils, school boards and other government entities are tackling during regularly scheduled meetings. All meetings are open to the public, and citizens are welcome to voice their opinions during designated times. If you do wish to speak at a particular meeting, you may need to sign up in advance.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

West Valley City Council » Will issue a proclamation Tuesday night that sets a goal of obtaining a "no-kill" designation for its animal shelter.; Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., at City Hall, 3600 S. Constitution Blvd. (2700 West). See the proclamation at http://bit.ly/zRUz6w.

Holladay City Council » Will discuss at a work meeting a pilot program by Salt Lake County Animal Services to trap, neuter and release feral cats. The work meeting will follow the regular council meeting, which begins at 6 p.m. on Thursday at City Hall, 4580 S. 2300 East.

Jordan Board of Education » Considers a bid for a management company to handle advertising on school buses. The board also will vote on proposed boundary changes for Eastlake, Daybreak, Rose Creak and/ or Welby elementary schools; Tuesday, 6:30 p.m., at 7905 S. Redwood Road, West Jordan.

Salt Lake County Council » Will hear a proposal from Mayor Peter Corroon to bond an additional $11.8 million to complete construction of a new consolidated building for the District Attorney’s Office at 600 South and State Street. The additional funding would raise the overall project tab to $42.9 million. The Mayor’s Office says consolidating operations will save the D.A.’s Office $14.8 million over the next 30 years; Tuesday, 1 p.m., County Government Center, North Building, Room 2003, 2001 S. State. The council’s formal meeting at 4 p.m. will include an item setting aside $190,000 for improvements to the West Jordan swimming pool and $810,000 for a new computerized finance system.

story continues below
story continues below

Salt Lake City Council » Will discuss funding options for operation and maintenance of streetlights; Tuesday, 4 p.m., City Hall, 451 S. State St. At 2 p.m., the council, sitting as the Redevelopment Agency Board, will consider a funding request for the Draw at Sugar House.

Bluffdale City Council » Will hold a hearing on a proposed ordinance prohibiting shooting guns within city limits; Tuesday, 7 p.m., City Hall, 14350 S. 2200 West. Also discuss C7 Data Center expansion.

Provo Municipal Council » Will explain the redistricting process for council and school board seats; Wednesday, 6 p.m., Municipal Council Chambers, 351 W. Center St.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.