Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Man injured in Salt Lake City motorcycle-vehicle collision
First Published Dec 17 2011 06:14 pm • Last Updated Dec 17 2011 07:34 pm

A man riding his off-road motorcycle was injured Saturday afternoon when he was struck by a car in Salt Lake City, police said.

Salt Lake City police said the man, who was in his 50s, was southbound on 400 East about 3:25 p.m. when he collided with a car crossing the intersection at 1790 South.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Police said the man, who wasn’t believed to be wearing a helmet, suffered serious head injuries, but officers didn’t believe they were life-threatening.

Officers said the car had a stop sign, but the man was riding an off-road motorcycle with no lights, which is illegal to ride on city streets.

They weren’t immediately sure who — if anyone — would be cited.


Twitter @sltribjanelle

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.