Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Three judges elected to Utah Judicial Council
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2011, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Three judges have been elected to serve three-year terms on the Utah Judicial Council.

Seventh District Judge George Harmond, 4th District Judge David Mortensen and 2nd District Justice Court Judge John Sandberg, who serves the Clinton and Clearfield justice courts, have replaced 4th District Judge Donald Eyre, 5th District Judge Michael Westfall, and Uintah County Justice Court Judge G.A. Petry, who completed their terms.

In addition, 3rd District Juvenile Court Judge Kimberly Hornak has been named as vice chair of the council.

The Utah Judicial Council is the policymaking body for the judiciary. The council has the constitutional authority to adopt uniform rules for the administration of all courts in the state. The council also sets standards for judicial performance, court facilities, support services, and judicial and non-judicial staff levels.

Utah Supreme Court Chief Justice Christine Durham chairs the council, which consists of 14 members. Other members are Utah Supreme Court Justice Jill Parrish, Utah Court of Appeals Judge Gregory Orme, 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore, 3rd District Judge Judith Atherton, 3rd District Judge Paul Maughan, Saratoga Springs and West Valley Justice Court Judge Keith Stoney, West Valley Justice Court Judge Brendan McCullagh, Utah State Bar Representative Lori Nelson, and Utah State Court Administrator Dan Becker, who serves as secretariat to the council. The judges and Utah State Bar representative all serve three-year terms.

Courts • Council is the policymaking body for the judiciary.
Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.