Atlantic City, N.J. • The owner of the Trump Taj Mahal casino has sent notices to more than 3,100 employees warning it could be shut down in November.
Trump Entertainment Resorts told The Associated Press it filed the notices earlier this week, saying it could close Nov. 13.
The company filed for bankruptcy on Tuesday and threatened to close the Taj Majal if it doesn't get concessions from its unions.
Local 54 of the Unite-HERE union says Trump Entertainment wants Taj Mahal workers to give up their health insurance and pension plans in return for keeping the company open. But union president Bob McDevitt said that even if the union agreed to those conditions — which it won't — the savings would amount to $11 million a year, which won't help a company drowning under more than $285 million worth of debt.



Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.