HOW MANY: About 31,000.
FOR MORE: Call Gemini at 877-230- 4986 or visit www.geminimanufacturing.net and click on the "Safety Notice" link for more information.
DETAILS: Seven models of charging kits with universal serial bus (USB) connectors that are used to recharge Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod devices. The recalled kits were sold under the Ban.do, Jonathan Adler and Lilly Pulitzer brand names and contained a wall charger, a 12 to 24-volt car charger, a 30-pin USB cord and a Lightning port adapter. Brand names are on the top front of the packaging and on the Lightning port adapters. Model names are on the bottom front of the packaging. Item numbers are on the back of the package in the bottom right corner. They were sold from February 2014 to June 2014. Model name and item number details can be found at http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Lifeguard-Press-Recalls-Charging-Kits/
WHY: The wall charger can overheat and emit smoke and sparks, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. The prongs on the charger can detach and remain in the electrical outlet, posing a risk of electrical shock.
INCIDENTS: Six reports of the wall chargers emitting smoke and sparking and six reports of prongs detaching from the plug. No injuries have been reported.
HOW MANY: About 25,400.
FOR MORE: Call Lifeguard Press at 800-992-3006 or visit www.lifeguardpress.com and click on "Press" at the bottom of the page for more information.
KNIFE AND SHEATH SET
DETAILS: MTech USA Karambit Neck Knife and Sheath. The half-moon shaped knife measures 7 inches in length and was sold in an urban camo print. "MTech USA" is laser printed on the blade. Model number MT-664UC-SO is marked on the back of the knife. The knife fits into an unmarked molded black sheath that is about 4.5 inches in length. The sheath has a snap clip on the back and also comes with a beaded lanyard chain. Replacement sheaths have "MTech USA" laser printed on the back. They were sold from March 2014 through May 2014.
WHY: The sheath does not hold the knife securely, allowing the knife to fall out of the sheath unexpectedly. This poses a risk of laceration to the consumer.
INCIDENTS: None reported.