Health officials shut down West Valley restaurant
The Salt Lake County Health Department has closed Rice Village Express in West Valley City, saying it posed an "imminent health hazard."
According to a report on the department's website, the fast-food Chinese restaurant, at 3601 S. Constitution Blvd., was cited on Tuesday, May 20, for more than two dozen violations, including:
• Cooked chicken and other potentially hazardous foods held at too high a temperature (50 degrees) on the counter
• Raw meat stored on the floor
• Raw meat thawing at room temperature
• Single-use containers being reused
• A cot in the upstairs area above where food is prepared
• Keys and a baseball cap stored above food preparation tables
• Person in charge unable to demonstrate adequate knowledge of several food handling procedures
Once the restaurant corrects the violations, it will be able to reopen.