Unless you are contemplating popping the question soon, you might not realize that Thursday's Vernal Equinox is one of two Proposal Days, the other being the Autumnal Equinox Proposal Day on Sept. 22.
According to http://www.proposalday.com, the holidays "present an opportunity to raise the subject of marriage proposals in a light-hearted and non-threatening manner, and it's a gentle way to get a glimpse of how the person you love might feel about a marriage proposal that'll lead to the two of you becoming engaged to be married."
In fitting with the "holiday," David's Bridal included some questions about past and future proposals in its recent eighth annual "What's on Bridges' Minds" survey of newly engaged and married women.
The study found that:
• 57 percent of respondents said they knew the proposal was coming.
• 53 percent of respondents, mostly women, said they would have changed something about their proposal.
• 22 percent would change the location.
• 20 percent wished the proposal speech was different.
• 14 percent would change something about their engagement ring.
• 14 percent would have preferred that different people were present for their proposal.
• 10 percent would have altered the date of the engagement.
• When asked which leading male movie characters they would desire to say "yes" to, 40 percent listed Ryan Gosling's romantic The Notebook character Noah Calhoun; 30 percent said Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack Dawson of Titanic; Christian Grey of Fifty Shades of Grey fame earned 17 percent, and Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games received 13 percent.