Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
AARP needs volunteers to help folks file taxes

First Published Nov 27 2013 09:53 am • Last Updated Nov 27 2013 10:05 am

The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program is recruiting volunteers for sites all across Utah to help people prepare and electronically file their annual income tax returns. The volunteers provide free tax help to low-to-moderate income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 or older.

Volunteers, who do not need to be AARP members, are needed to electronically prepare both federal and Utah tax returns, greet people, maintain computers, manage the workflow and occasionally act as a translator for non-English speakers. Training is available with the tax help sites open to the public starting in February and ending through tax filing day on April 15.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

For information or to volunteer, contact Jack Dahl at 801-930-8449 or sent an email to utahtaxsc@utahtax-aide.org.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.