< Previous Page
• Propane or liquid fuel was the most popular purchase during the past year.
• More than half of all campers rarely or never buy camping items for someone other than themselves.
• Sixty percent of current adult campers participated in regular outdoor activities between the ages of 6 and 12, compared to just 25 percent of non-campers.
• The most cited reason for reducing the number of camping trips is a lack of time due to work and family commitments.
• Campers are planning an average of 5.5 trips next year, an increase from last year’s 4.3 planned trips.
• Eighty-one percent of participants plan to go on three or more camping trips in the next year.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.