Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Open house Tuesday for farm produce buying program


First Published Mar 04 2013 06:11 pm • Last Updated Mar 04 2013 08:47 pm

CSA Utah is hosting a meet-the-farmers, community-supported agriculture (CSA) open house to educate consumers on this summer’s buying program.

The event is set from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Wheeler Farm in the Activity Barn, 6351 S. 900 East, Salt Lake City.

At a glance


For information go to www.csautah.org

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

CSA is a partnership between a specific farm, or group of farms, and consumers. Members, or "shareholders," split the spring start-up costs to help meet a farm’s operating expenses and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest each week throughout the growing season. The food comes in the form of a box or bag containing several varieties of what is in season.

Most farms offer a summer season option that runs for about 18-20 weeks, from June to October. Some also offer shorter mid-spring, late fall and winter options.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.