Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
IRS clears way for ed tax credits
First Published Feb 11 2013 03:38 pm • Last Updated Feb 11 2013 03:38 pm

The wait to file for two major college tax credits is nearly over.

The Internal Revenue Service announced that starting Feb. 14, taxpayers can use Form 8863 to apply for the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Form 8863, which is used for both, had been delayed because of a backlog created by January’s so-called fiscal cliff legislation.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The Internal Revenue Service also announced that Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization, is now available.

More information is available at www.irs.gov.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.