Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Watercooler: Get the facts on simplified employee pensions


First Published Dec 01 2012 01:01 am • Last Updated Apr 08 2013 11:31 pm

A simplified employee pension, or SEP, can provide small businesses and self-employed individuals with a tax-deductible and tax-deferred way to save for retirement.

Several websites offer a range of information and forms related to an IRA-based SEP.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Here is a sampling:

Financial Web • Discusses pros and cons of simplified employee pension plans, at http://bit.ly/dqULQI.

Internal Revenue Service • Covers frequently asked questions, at http://1.usa.gov/X4QoEu.

Investopedia • Provides overview of eligibility, contributions and distributions, at http://bit.ly/11k375A.

TIAA CREF • Overview of how a SEP plan works and its advantages, at http://bit.ly/V8ulqs.

U.S. Department of Labor • Spotlights aspects such as how to establish and operate a plan, at http://1.usa.gov/aHGRM8.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.