Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Rep. David L. Gladwell / child abuse legislation. photo/Lynn R. Johnson.
Herbert appoints David Gladwell as new DABC chairman

First Published Nov 08 2012 06:24 pm • Last Updated Mar 06 2013 11:32 pm

David Gladwell, a former Republican legislator and a member of the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control board, was appointed chairman Thursday by Gov. Gary Herbert.

Gladwell, a member of the board since 2011, replaces Richard Sperry, who will continue to serve on the board after a two-year term as chairman.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

"Our plan is to stay the course as we implement prudent practices established by the Legislature in support of Utahns and the growth of our economy," Gladwell said in a statement.

The new chairman received a law degree from the University of Utah in 1974. He served as labor negotiator for the Air Force and was a criminal prosecutor with the Weber County Attorney’s Office.

Gladwell served in the Utah House of Representatives from 1996 to 2000. That year, he was elected to the Utah Senate, where he served until 2004.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.