A game-design firm founded by Brigham Young University students claimed top honors Thursday night at a Salt Lake City gala celebrating Utah’s hottest student entrepreneurs.
"Some of the students founded companies out of financial necessity, and some are following a dream. But all of them are achieving a level of success that in many ways that outstrips their limited years of experience," said BYU business professor John Richards, who founded the Utah Student 25 competition three years ago. The ranking is determined by the companies’ growth and profitability.
The winners are:
1. React Games, LLC • Brad Moss, Chad Lee, James Oldham: BYU
2. Fix A Phone, LLC • Craig Anderson, Jacob Williams, Quinn Zite: University of Utah
3. Epic Profit Group • LLC, Zach Smith, Josh Nyland: Weber State
4. Uptown Cheapskate • LLC, Chelsea Sloan, Scott Romney Sloan: University of Utah
5. Dakine Auto • LLC • Lance Wakefield: BYU
6. The Awful Waffle, LLC • Lance Wakefield, Ashley Wakefield: BYU
7. Vital Foods, LLC • Eric Thomas, Joseph Ruff: BYU
8. Coalition, LLC • Devereaux Smith, Luke Beachley, Samuel Johnsen: Utah Valley University
9. Monolith Management • Chris Kilbourn: Westminster
10. Solase Massage and Oxygen Bar, LLC • Terry Sharp, Christina Sharp, Kendrick Hair, Christy Hair, Jeff Bramble, Rebecca Bramble: BYU
11. Printing Jay, LLC • Jeff O’Bryant: BYU
12. Knudra • Christopher E. Hopkins, Lisa Ogden, Trisha Brock: Westminster
13. Utah Valley Lawn Care • Tyler D. Babb: Utah Valley University
14. Alpine Window Washing, LLC • Joshua Oaks, Austin Andreason: BYU
15. The Gluten Free Consumer • Rodney Fife, Chaton Fife, Celeste Fife: Utah Valley University
16. Research Accelerator • Gary Jense, Travis Corrigan: University of UtahNext Page >
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.