Quantcast

West Salt Lake drive-by leaves man in serious condition

Published July 21, 2014 10:24 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 20-year-old, man cut down in a hail of bullets during a west Salt Lake City drive-by shooting, was in serious condition Monday.

Salt Lake City police Detective Greg Wilkins said the shooting occurred at 1:26 a.m. Sunday after a homeowner tried to end a party that was getting out of control near 800 N. Morton Drive (1900 West).

Two uninvited male guests had argued with other partygoers, prompting the host to order everyone to leave.

As the crowd left the home, witnesses saw a male suspect in a silver Nissan or Honda point a gun out the passenger's side window and begin firing.

The 20-year-old victim, who was hit three times, was rushed to the hospital be friends. On Monday, his condition had been stabilized and he was expected to recover, Wilkins said.

The suspects remained at large.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000, or to anonymously text information to the keyword TIPSLCPD, plus any relevant information to 274637.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus