Clinton residents told not to drink water, E. coli detected
By Erin Alberty
The Salt Lake TribuneFirst published Aug 06 2014 04:06PM
Clinton residents were urged not to drink tap water after E. coli bacteria was detected in water samples Wednesday, state officials reported.
The safety of residential water is not known, and the advisory is in effect until results from further testing are available, likely Thursday afternoon, according to the state Division of Emergency Management.
Residents are asked to drink bottled water and throw away ice made from tap water. The contamination may have occurred when a resident connected irrigation water to the drinking water system.