Olympics on TV: Will Davis break through?
By Scott D. pierce
The Salt Lake TribuneFirst published Feb 14 2014 08:46PM
This was supposed to be American speedskater Shani Davis’ big chance to finally win the 1,500m competition after taking home silver in the event in both 2006 and 2010, but it’s not looking good for the 31-year-old. On Wednesday, he finished eighth in the 1,000m, an event he won in both Torino and Vancouver.
"I have to live with this for the rest of my life," Davis told The Associated Press. "I can’t let it get me down, because I have other races to skate, but I’m pretty sad about it."
NBC will feature taped coverage of the 1,000m in primetime.
NBC DAYTIME • 2-5 p.m., Ch. 5: Women’s short track speedskating/1,500m gold medal final; women’s cross country skiing/4x5km relay gold medal final; men’s skeleton/gold medal final runs
NBC PRIMETIME • 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Women’s Alpine skiing/super-G gold medal final; men’s short track speedskating/1,500m gold medal final; men’s ski jumping/individual K-125 large hill gold medal final
NBC LATE NIGHT • 11 p.m.-midnight, Ch. 5: Women’s curling/USA vs. Sweden
• 12:05- 3:30 a.m., Ch. 5: Repeat of NBC primetime
NBCSN • 5-8 a.m.: Men’s hockey/USA vs. Russia (live)
• 8-10 a.m.: Men’s skeleton/gold medal final runs (live)
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men’s hockey/Czech Republic vs. Switzerland (live)
• 3-4 p.m.: Hockey repeat
• 4-6 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
• 1-3 a.m. (early Sunday): Men’s curling/USA vs. Canada
• 3-5:15 a.m. (early Sunday): Men’s cross-country skiing/4x10km relay gold medal final (live)
MSNBC • 5:30-8 a.m.: Women’s hockey/quarterfinal
CNBC • 3-6 p.m.: Women’s curling/USA vs. Sweden
USA • 10 a.m,-12:30 p.m.: Men’s hockey/Latvia vs. Sweden (live)
• 1-3:30 a.m. (early Sunday): Men’s hockey/Austria vs. Norway (live)