Utah man burned in blast at Autoliv building
By Janelle Stecklein
The Salt Lake TribuneFirst published Sep 15 2013 03:17PM
A 29-year-old Tooele man was injured Sunday morning after a small explosion occurred on the roof of the Autoliv plant in Box Elder County.
Box Elder County Chief Deputy Kevin Potter said the man was working on the roof of the Autoliv plant, 16700 W. Highway 83, in Promontory about 10:22 a.m., when there was a flash-fire.
The man suffered burns to his arms and face and was flown to a Salt Lake City hospital for treatment. He was expected to survive, Potter said.
Potter said the man was working on an air-conditioning unit at time of the incident. He said investigators weren’t sure what sparked the small explosion, but he said it didn’t damage the building.
No one else was injured.