Overnight fire destroys Salt Lake City home
By Janelle Stecklein
The Salt Lake TribuneFirst published Mar 17 2013 11:50AM
Two people were displaced Sunday morning after a fire destroyed their two-story Salt Lake City home.
Firefighters responded to the home at 2941 S. Hudson Circle (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. and found a fast-moving fire.
Firefighters took a defensive approach to keep the blaze from spreading to nearby homes and structures.
The home and possessions were valued at an estimated $250,000, a fire department news release said.
No one was injured though the couple living in the home were displaced. The Red Cross was assisting them.
In an email late Sunday, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the fire appears to have been caused by charcoal ashes discarded in a trash can.