Blankets fallen on hot light blamed for N. Salt Lake blaze

Published February 21, 2013 10:28 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A stack of blankets that tipped over onto a halogen light left lit on the floor were blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a commercial office and warehouse complex in North Salt Lake.

South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jim Rampton said Thursday that the 8:50 p.m. Wednesday blaze at 645 N. Taylor Way caused more than $100,000 in damage to the warehouse, which was being used by the Charity Anywhere Foundation, an international aid group.

"We're calling the cause 'accidental' in this fire," he said.

Crews from Farmington and Salt Lake City assisted in dousing the two-alarm fire within 10 minutes of their arrival

No one was in the building at the time the fire started, Rampton said.


Twitter: @remims

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus