Four St. George residents displaced by mobile home fire
A cooking fire destroyed a St. George mobile home on Sunday, leaving its four residents without a place to live.
The fire started about 11:30 a.m. at 244 N. 2650 East, said St. George Fire Dept. Capt. Rick Nelson.
Investigators believe the residents were using some type of outdoor cooking device or grill inside the unit when something went wrong, according to Nelson. An investigation is ongoing.
Fire crews extinguished the blaze in less than 30 minutes, but the single-wide mobile home was a total loss, Nelson said. No initial damage estimate was available Sunday.
All four residents of the unit were inside when the fire broke out, but none was injured.
The St. George-area chapter of the American Red Cross has provided the residents with temporary housing, Nelson said.
See more about comments here.