Plans for the weekend: When you're a Jet...
• The Salt Lake Bees open their 2012 Pacific Coast League season against the Tuscon Padres, tonight at Spring Mobile Ballpark,77 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Tonight's game starts at 6:35 p.m. Tickets available at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Beethoven's Third Symphony, the "Eroica," and Mozart's Overture to "La clemenza di Tito," tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts; pianist Ronald Brautigam is featured. Concerts start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Folk-rock band Rusted Root performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Skinny Lister, Marinade. Show starts at 9 p.m. The show is sold out.
• Sing with "West Side Story" at two screenings Saturday, at The Tower Theatre, 876 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City. A costume contest is part of the fun. Screenings are at 2 and 6 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the Tower box office.
• Metal band Sepultura performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Death Angel, Krisiun, Havok. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $22 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Comedian Carlos Mencia performs Sunday at Wiseguys Comedy Club, 2194 W. 3500 South, West Valley City. Shows are at 7 and 9 p.m. Tickets are $25, at the Wiseguys website.
• Bluegrass/folk band Pert Near Sandstone performs Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Puddle Mountain Ramblers. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
See more about comments here.