< Previous Page
About the Ogden Fourth Ward
Location » 2115 Jefferson Ave., Ogden
Built » Construction began 1929 with Mormon apostle David O. McKay, who would become the faith’s ninth president, laying the cornerstone on May 9, 1930. The building was completed in 1937 and restored during the past two years.
Cost » $1 million originally; $13 million in inflation-adjusted dollars.
Architect » M. Charles Wood
Features » 750,000 bricks were used in construction. The complex includes a chapel, baptistry, tower room, gym, social hall, classrooms, pipe organ, stained-glass windows and an old safe that used to secure tithing money.
‘Where We Worship’ seriesThe Salt Lake Tribune is featuring Utah’s sacred spaces this year. To read previous stories in this monthly series, go to www.sltrib.com
Today » Ogden LDS Fourth Ward
The Ogden LDS Fourth Ward at 2115 Jefferson Ave. will hold an open house Saturday from 3 to 6 p.m. A rededication ceremony is scheduled for Sunday at 5:30 p.m.
Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.