9. Chevy Silverado: Silverados and their owners who survived an apocalypse were made more amusing with Barry Manilow singing “Looks Like We Made It” in the background.
10. Chevy Sonic: How can you not love a car skydiving out of an airplane, doing barrel rolls and bungee jumping?
11. Oikos Greek Yogurt: That John Stamos is still so cute. Especially when he’s being viciously head-butted by a girl.
12. Doritos: Grandma slingshotting the extraordinarily cute baby to grab the chips from the bratty kid was amusing.
13. M&Ms: Would you believe stripper M&Ms? “My shell is brown. It’s just looks like my milk chocolate is showing.”
14. Acura: Jerry Seinfeld was funny; Jay Leno, not so much.
15. Skechers: Loved the little dog outrunning the greyhounds. But moonwalking across the finish line and an appearance by Mark Cuban kind of killed it.
16. Pepsi: Doing a commercial with Elton John and Flava Flav has some merit, although it wasn’t as funny as it was intended to be. But including Melanie Amaro, the virtually unknown winner of “The X Factor,” was a major misstep.
17. Fiat 500: Again, never going to make me buy the car. But the guy imagining a Fiat as a sexy Italian woman was clever.
Scott D. Pierce’s column appears Mondays and Fridays in The Mix. Email him at email@example.com.« Previous Page