< Previous Page
D. » She had assumed the identity of her dead evil twin
E. » She was the actual murderer
The last episode of ‘One Life to Live’
Watch » 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13 Channel 4
7. » Following in the footsteps of "General Hospital" character Luke Spencer, ‘‘OLTL’’ controversially turned rapist Todd Manning into the show’s antihero. Recently, the "real" Todd returned to Llanview after eight years in captivity by his rogue CIA agent mother while his brainwashed twin brother assumed his life, even though that brother had first appeared in town with a new face thanks to plastic surgery to make him look like the brother of psychotic cult leader Mitch Laurence, who was revealed to be the father of one of Viki’s twin daughters and who just took part in a massive blackout to break out of prison and wreak havoc on the town in the show’s final episodes. So, on which cheek is Todd’s trademark scar?
8. » In its 44 seasons, how many times has ‘‘OLTL’’ won the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series? How many times has it been nominated?
9. » Despite the often fanciful plotlines, Agnes Nixon created ‘‘OLTL’’ as a more realistic and multicultural alternative to the other soaps on the air in 1968. The show first focused on the wealthy Lord family, the middle-class Woleks and Rileys, the Jewish Siegels and the African-American Grays. Today, along with the enduring Lords, there are the Vegas, the Patels and the Jewish District Attorney Nora Hanen Buchanan. But what character debuted as half-Asian only to become a blonde Caucasian when the part was recast?
10. » What fictional country has played a part in many ‘‘OLTL’’ plotlines since first introduced in 1986?
A. » Moldavia
B. » Malaguay
C. » Macho Grande
D. » Mypos
E. » Mendorra
1. » C. This was revealed to be untrue in the series’ final episodes, although it was taken as fact by all the characters for the past decade.
2. » "All in the Family." He played an ex-professional football player friend of Archie Bunker’s on the series’ fifth episode. Interesting side note No. 1: The plot inspired an on-tape rant by Richard Nixon. Interesting side note No. 2: Another co-star on that same episode? Anthony Geary, later Luke Spencer on "General Hospital."
3. » Llanfair. What else?
4. » Marcia Cross. The "Desperate Housewives" star began her career on "Edge of Night," but had her first major role on ‘‘OLTL’’ as Kate Sanders in 1986.
5. » The Intruder.
6. » B. Too bad she had to open her mouth. The murder victim, her pimp, Marco Dane, was not only not dead but returned to the show several times over the next 13 years before transferring to "General Hospital."
7. » Right. He received it after he tried to rape Marty Saybrooke a second time and he was hit with a lead pipe by New Age goddess worshipper Luna Moody.
8. » One win, five nominations.Next Page >
Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.